Autodesk® Sim 360 is a revolutionary engineering simulation system, designed for the demands of the modern engineer. Sim 360 contains a comprehensive suite of simulation capabilities, including linear static, thermal, thermal stress, modal, buckling, and fatigue. Additionally, Sim 360 features a fully integrated design environment with a broad assortment of geometry creation and simplification tools. This ensures full associativity and allows complete flexibility for creating and simulation design variations. Sim 360 is built upon a modern data management system to facilitate collaboration through your design process.
Current Simulation Capabilities
- Linear static stress offering a variety of contact types, loading and constraint options
- Modal frequencies and mass participation factors
- Steady state thermal offering temperature, heat flux, convection and radiation type loadings
- Thermal-stress analysis with option to import CFD generated temperatures
For more about simulation types, click here.
What Makes Sim 360 Different?
Sim 360 is more than just a number cruncher. It was designed from the ground up to be a modern, comprehensive simulation platform. We scrutinized the entire simulation process, and developed some powerful approaches to conducting engineering simulations.
Geometry and Design Management
- Integrated geometry creation and editing environments.
- Associative model simplification and sharing across different simulations.
- Intuitive and flexible simulation creation and management.
- Ability to mesh very thin structures through automated mid-surface extraction and shell meshing.
- Mixed models combining solid and shell mesh may easily be generated.
- Integrated cloud based data-management system lets you create, save, and share simulations and designs with others on your design team.
- Interactive visualization of under-constrained parts.
- Ability to work within the simulation environment while studies are computed on the cloud.
- Automatic quality control to obtain the desired accuracy through adaptive mesh refinements.
- Convenience of closing the application while the results are being computed on the cloud and reconnect to them at a later time.
- Robust results viewing and post-processing.
- Visual Compare environment to view two result types and/or design variations side by side through synchronized viewing option.
- Integrated Decision Center to quickly view, compare and validate important results values from any set of simulation studies
Sim 360 is supported on following operating systems:
- MAC 64-bit (version 10.7, 10.8)
- Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit