When you launch an AutoCAD 2010-based product it is able to acquire a license but a Revit 2010 product is unable to acquire a network license.
There are 2 scenarios where this behavior can occur:
- The AutoCAD 2010-based product and the Revit 2010 product are from a Revit Suite product. The AutoCAD 2010-based product can acquire a network license but the Revit 2010 product cannot.
- The ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE registry key is configured to point to a location other than the Revit installation folder. The AutoCAD 2010-based product can acquire a network license but the Revit 2010 product cannot.
To resolve this behavior the Revit 2010 licpath.lic file location needs to be defined in the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE registry location.
- The ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE key is located in the following registry folder:
Windows XP: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FLEXlm License Manager
Windows Vista: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FLEXlm License Manager
- The Revit 2010 licpath.lic file is located in the following folder by default:
C:\Program Files\Autodesk Revit Architecture 2010\Program
- The Revit 2010 licpath.lic location should be added under Value Data separated by a semi-colon between any other values:
;C:\Program Files\Autodesk Revit Architecture 2010\Program
Products: Revit Architecture;Revit MEP;Revit Structure