Issue: You would like to know the supported file formats and versions of scheduling software that can be imported into Autodesk Navisworks Review (discontinued after 2010 release), Autodesk Navisworks Manage and Autodesk Navisworks Simulate.
Navisworks can import a wide range of file formats from many different applications.
The PDF documents below list the file formats and CAD and Laser Scan applications that are supported in the different versions of Navisworks Manage and Simulate (and Review for the 2009 and 2010 releases), what entities are supported, additional information about how they are supported, and any pre-requisites required prior to import.
For 2013 and earlier version of Navisworks, please see the attached .ZIP file (navisworks-file-formats-2009-2013.zip) that contains the PDF documents listed below:
- Navisworks 2013: Navisworks-2013-Supported-Formats-Applications.pdf
- Navisworks 2012: Navisworks-2012-Supported-Formats-Applications.pdf
- Navisworks 2011: Navisworks-2011-Supported-Formats-Applications.pdf
- Navisworks 2010: NavisWorks-2010-Supported-Formats-Applications.pdf
- Navisworks 2009: NavisWorks-2009-Supported-Formats-Applications.pdf
There are also details about which applications for which we have NWC exporters, and which versions of scheduling software Navisworks will link to in Timeliner and by what means.
Navisworks Freedom will only load NWD and DWF files.
Products: Navisworks Freedom;Navisworks Manage;Autodesk Navisworks MFG - Manage;Autodesk Navisworks MFG - Review;Autodesk Navisworks MFG - Simulate;Navisworks Review;Navisworks Simulate;Navisworks Factory Advanced;Navisworks Factory Premium