Issue: Customers from localized Inventor versions cannot access online Help.
The Learning Experience team has completed the transition from the Wiki Help pages to the Autodesk Knowledge Network: Autodesk Inventor 2014 Help.
In the new the Autodesk Knowledge Network learning environment you will find a clean new look, faster page loads, and robust search capability.
You will be redirected automatically to Autodesk Inventor 2014 help when you access Help from within:
- Autodesk Inventor 2014
- Autodesk Inventor 2013
- Autodesk Inventor 2012
At this time, the Autodesk Knowledge Network help is only available in English. Non-English customers accessing the help will continue to be directed to the wiki. Online help for non-English customers is expected to be migrated to the Autodesk Knowledge Network within the next few months.
Due to the on-going performance issues with the wiki, customers who need to access help in their respective language, until the language versions are available in the Autodesk Knowledge Network, should do the following:
1. Download the local help for your respective language and version:
2. Access C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Bin\helpids.xml and ensure the UseOnline value is set to ‘1’ as follows: UseOnline="1". If the value is set to ‘0’, change the value to ‘1’.
3. Change the following in regedit.exe:
- Run regedit.exe
- Access HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE
- Double-click EnableOnlineHelp
- Enter 0 in the Value Data field
Note: To always access the online help from within Inventor, remove the 0 from the Value Data field.
For Inventor 2012: RegistryVersion16.0
For Inventor 2013: RegistryVersion17.0
For Inventor 2014: RegistryVersion18.0