When you tried to install Autodesk Inventor 2009 with Service Pack 1 (SP1) appended (SP1) from a deployment image, on the Windows Vista SP1 operating system, you received the following error message:
Error 1321: System has insufficient privileges to modify this file
Note: The file path specified in the error message may vary depending on your installation.
To resolve this error
For silent installations
- Install the Service Pack 1 (SP1) patch for Autodesk Inventor 2009 separately.
For non-silent installations
- Click Retry in the Error 1321 dialog box. The installation should succeed.
- Install the Autodesk Inventor SP1 patch separately.
Alternatively, you can try doing the following before performing either a silent or non-silent installation:
- To add Service Pack 1 to the deployment, use the Merge option instead of Append when creating or modifying the deployment image.
Note: If you use the Merge option, you will not be able to use Add or Remove Programs in Windows to uninstall the service pack.
- Turn off the Distributed Link Tracking Client service.
- If possible, update your operating system to Vista SP1 after installing Inventor 2009 with SP1.
Products: Inventor Professional;Autodesk Inventor Suite