You can use two methods for uninstalling Inventor products:
- Automated removal using the Quick Uninstall Tool
- Manual uninstallation
To remove other products manually, see: Remove All Products from a Windows System
Quick Uninstall Tool
To help automate the removal of Inventor, you can use the available Quick Uninstall Tool.
- The Quick Uninstall Tool is installed with Inventor and can be found in
Start>All Programs>Autodesk or
Start>All Programs>Autodesk>Uninstall Tool.
- By default, other products installed with Inventor are automatically selected for removal. Be sure to remove the checkmark from any applications that you want to keep installed.
To uninstall Autodesk Inventor and manually remove any remnants of this product from the system, follow the procedure below. The result is a clean system on which you can install. (If you have Autodesk® Vault installed, you will be required to perform a change/repair to fix the integration.)
- Log in as Local System Administrator and disable any virus scanning programs.
- Open Windows Control Panel>Programs>Programs and Features>Uninstall Program and remove Autodesk Inventor 2014.
- Open Windows Explorer. Then locate and delete the following file folders as appropriate:
For Microsoft Windows 7 and 8 (32- and 64-bit) installations:
- C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2014
- C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\
- Open the system registry, locate, and then delete the following registry keys as appropriate (Start > Run > RegEdit):
For 32-bit versions of Windows 7 and 8:
For 64-bit versions of Windows 7 and 8:
Warning! Problems caused by improperly editing the Windows registry could render your computer operating system unusable. Microsoft provides a wealth of critical information that you need to know about the registry in the Microsoft Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com.
Use the Microsoft® Registry Editor only at your own risk and only after backing up the registry as well as the system.dat and user.dat files as outlined for your operating system in the Microsoft Knowledge Base and in the related solution, TS66513 - Back up system registry.
Additional information about the registry is also contained in the Help topics in the Microsoft Registry Editor.