Issue: When you double-click the desktop icon for a stand-alone installation, the program opens and immediately closes. You may see a quick flash of the desktop environment, but it vanishes.
This can occur for several reasons:
- The Windows service FLEXnet Licensing Service or FLEXnet Licensing Service 64 that has been disabled on the machine.
(FLEXnet Licensing Service is required to run a stand-alone installation. Sometimes users or an antivirus program may turn off the service, not knowing what it does. A "Disabled" setting prevents a registered program from starting.)
- A corrupted licensing tsf.data file
- An outdated graphics card
Move the trusted storage file (TSF):
- Look for a specific ...TSF.data file, such as ADSKFLEX_NUMBERS_TSF.data.
Location in Windows XP:
Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet
Location in Vista and Windows 7:
- Change the file extension to something such as ADSKFLEX_NUMBERS_TSF.data.BAK or completely move it from this folder.
(Don’t destroy it, just get it out of the way.)
- Start the program. A new TSF DATA file (and possibly a log file) will be created.
- If the program works, you are finished.
If the program doesn't work, delete the NEW TSF.DATA file and the log. Then either restore the original file to the original location, or change the name back to ADSKFLEX_NUMBERS_TSF.data.
- Start the program. Register the program as requested.
Update the graphics card:
Check the License Service:
- Make sure you have installed the latest graphics card update.
If this is a stand-alone licensing type, Make sure the License service is running.
- Click the Windows Start button.
- In the Run box, type Services.msc.
- Press Enter.
- Search for "FLEXnet licensing service" or "FLEXnet licensing service 64."
- Make sure the "Status" type is not "stopped" and the "Startup Type" is not "Disabled."
- Start the service if it is stopped and set the "Startup Type" to "Automatic."
Products: AutoCAD;AutoCAD LT