You are looking for information about license borrowing or you are experiencing problems with network license borrowing.
Common problems with network license borrowing for AutoCAD®-based software are listed below. Try applying these solutions first, and then review further instructions if the problem persists.
If these solutions do not resolve the installation error, the additional tests listed below will help you determine the cause of the problem:
- If you are experiencing problems returning a license from a client machine, you should make sure that the client machine is still pointing to the correct license manager by setting the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE environment variable. For more information, you should refer to the following solution: Specifying license servers using the ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE environment variable.
- As a network administrator, consider restricting the maximum borrowing period and/or limiting who in your organization can borrow licenses. These tasks can be performed by implementing an options file on your license manager. For more information, you should refer to the following solution: Controlling network license access using an options file.
If you worked through the standard troubleshooting steps and were not able to resolve the issue, follow this link for additional technical assistance.
Please collect the following information from your system before requesting technical assistance:
- Screenshots of any error messages encountered
- License file currently in use at each license manager
- Options file in use at each license manager (if applicable)
- Debug log file in use at each license manager
- Copy and paste from LMTOOLS > Server Status tab > Perform Status Enquiry