You want to know how to obtain Windows Event logs for diagnostics and troubleshooting.
Event logs are often requested by support professionals to diagnose and troubleshoot software problems, such as crashes, errors or other unexpected behaviors.
To obtain the Windows Event logs in Windows XP or Windows 2000
- On the Start menu (Windows), click Settings > Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools.
- In Administrative Tools, double-click Event Viewer.
- In the Event Viewer dialog box, right-click Application. Click Save Log File As.
- In the Save Application As dialog box, make sure that the file type is set to Event Log (*.evt).
- Name the log file, "Application." Click Save.
- Repeat steps 4-6 to obtain the System and Security logs.
Products: AutoCAD;AutoCAD LT