Recommended if you want to immediately download, install, and activate your software on your current computer.
Install Now simultaneously downloads and installs the product and automatically enters your serial number and product key for activation.
Note: If this Install Now method is not displayed as an option, it is not available for the product you selected. If you have problems using this method, try using the Virtual Agent to help you with your download. You can also try switching to a different browser.
To use the Install Now method:
- After you sign in to the Education Community website, click Free Software on the left.
- Select the Product, Version, Language, and Operating System you want to download and click Next.
Note: For Windows systems, "32-bit" or "64-bit" refers to the version of your operating system, which you can check by going to Control Panel > System. You must choose the correct version in order to use the software.
Verify that your selection is correct.
- On the drop-down menu, click Install Now.
Note: If "Install Now" is not an option, this method is not available for the specified product.
- In the Licenses and Services Agreement window, review the Autodesk License and Services Agreement and click I Accept. Then click Install.
- When the download starts, you may be prompted to click Run (Internet Explorer) or, depending on your Web browser, the prompt may appear in your download window/bar (Chrome, Firefox or Safari).
When the download is complete, double-click the downloaded file or click Run again.
- When the Autodesk Product Installer is displayed, click Install and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Your Serial number and Product Key are automatically entered. Select the products you want to install and click Install.
Note: The Installation Path shows the location where your Autodesk products will be saved. Although you can customize the file path, we recommend using the default location.
- When the installation is complete, click Finish.
- Start your Autodesk product by clicking the <product name>.exe file located in the specified Installation Path.
- Read the Autodesk Privacy Statement and click I Agree.
Your product is automatically activated and ready to use.