You are having problems with Autodesk Sync features and Autodesk Support wants to review the sync files to see what may be causing the problem. Since the log files are disabled by default, you will need to enable logging first.
Before you can send the sync log file for review you will first need to enable logging using the following steps:
By default the name will be AdSync.zip. We suggest renaming the file with your name and what product it was from so we know it is from you, for example, AdSync_ACAD_2013_First_Last.zip.
- Sign out of Sync inside AutoCAD or any other Autodesk product using Sync.
- Close AutoCAD or any of the Autodesk products that are using Sync
- Using Task Manager, make sure the following applications are no longer running—if they are, you need to terminate them:
- Using Task Manager, terminate AdSync.exe process
- Using REGEDIT.exe, create DWORD registry entry: EnableLog=1 in HKCU/Software/Autodesk/Autodesk Sync
- To enable verbose logging, create String registry entry: LogLevel=Verbose in HKCU/Software/Autodesk/Autodesk Sync
- Restart your computer and launch AutoCAD or the product that needs logging enabled.
- Sign into Sync if you are not already signed in.
- Run for at least 30 minutes to let the log file gather information.
- For Windows 7 and Vista, use Windows Explorer and navigate to the file location:
C:\Users\<user login id>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\AutodeskSync
- Select the following files and then right click and select Send to-> Compressed (zipped) folder:
Products: AutoCAD;AutoCAD Architecture;AutoCAD Electrical;AutoCAD LT;AutoCAD MEP;Autodesk 360