Issue: Step by step instructions for installing Autodesk software on a single computer.
To install Autodesk software on a single computer, follow the below steps or watch our
Note: The images shown may not match your product or version but the installation instructions apply to all current Autodesk products.
- Launch the Product Installer by double-clicking the .exe or .dmg file associated with your product and version.
Locating Install Files
Downloads: If you downloaded your software from Subscription Center, Autodesk Account, or another source, check the default download folder for your Web browser, your Desktop, Downloads folder, or the Autodesk folder: System > Autodesk > ProductName_Version_Language_OS as seen in the below image.
USB or DVD: A folder containing install files should appear on your desktop after inserting the media.
- Click Install.
Note: You can change the Installer language by clicking the Installation Instructions drop down on the top right.
- Read the License and Services Agreement for your Country or Region. Select I Accept and then click Next.
- Select the license type you have purchased. For installing on a single computer, select Stand-Alone.
Learn more about Autodesk Licensing Options.
- Enter your Serial number and Product key and then click Next.
If you're installing a Free Product Trial (and don't have a serial number and product key), select I want to ty the product for 30 days and click Next.
- Select the install location and features to be installed. The default configuration pre-selects the components to be installed with your product. The Installation path indicates the location where your Autodesk product will be installed.
To proceed with the default configuration and location (recommended) click Install.
Note: If you customize the Installation path, make sure it does not exceed 260 characters or you will receive an error during installation.
- Click Finish to close the installer. When the installation is finished you'll see a list of the products that have been installed on your computer.
The installation process is now complete! Learn how to Activate and Register Autodesk software.
Common Installation Errors
Errors can sometimes occur when installing any software. Below are a few common errors and troubleshooting tips:
- Error 1305 - This error indicates the installer couldn't read a file during installation, usually when installing from a disc that is scratched or dirty. If cleaning the disc doesn't help, copy the contents to a folder on your local hard drive and run the setup.exe file from that folder.
Products: AutoCAD;AutoCAD Architecture;AutoCAD Civil 3D;AutoCAD Design Suite;AutoCAD Electrical;AutoCAD Map 3D;AutoCAD Mechanical;AutoCAD MEP;AutoCAD P&ID;AutoCAD Raster Design;AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite;AutoCAD Revit MEP Suite;AutoCAD Revit Structure Suite;3ds Max Design;Alias Automotive;Alias Design;Alias Surface;Building Design Suite;Entertainment Creation Suite;Factory Design Suite;Infrastructure Design Suite;Infrastructure Map Server;Infrastructure Modeler;Inventor;Inventor LT;Inventor Publisher;Maya;MotionBuilder;Mudbox;Navisworks Manage;Navisworks Simulate;Plant Design Suite;Quantity Takeoff;Revit Architecture;Revit MEP;Revit Structure;Showcase;Simulation Mechanical;Simulation Moldflow Adviser Premium;Simulation Moldflow Adviser Standard;Simulation Moldflow Adviser Ultimate;Simulation Moldflow CAD Doctor;Simulation Moldflow DL for CATIA V5;Simulation Moldflow DL for Parasolid;Simulation Moldflow DL for Pro/ENGINEER;Simulation Moldflow Insight Premium;Simulation Moldflow Insight Standard;Simulation Moldflow Insight Ultimate;Simulation Moldflow Synergy;Sketchbook Designer;Smoke;Softimage;mental ray;AutoCAD ecscad;AutoCAD Inventor LT Suite;3ds Max Entertainment Creation Suite;Design Academy;Education Master Suite;Maya Entertainment Creation Suite;Opticore Studio Professional;Showcase Professional