For a quick reference of the product keys used by supported Autodesk products, please refer to the following solutions:
2014: Product keys for Autodesk products
2013: Product keys for Autodesk products
2012: Product keys for Autodesk products
2011: Product keys for Autodesk products
2010: Product keys for Autodesk products
Note: Please ensure you are using the correct product key for the Autodesk product and version you are installing. Entering an incorrect product key will result in activation errors for that product.
For detailed information on how to find your serial number and product key for your Autodesk product, we suggest you start by viewing the following video:
Depending on how you obtained your product, your serial number and product key can be found in the following locations:
If you have physical media (a DVD or USB key) for a 2013 or earlier product, your serial number and product key will be printed on the label of the product packaging.
Note: Starting with the 2014 product releases, this information will no longer be printed on the product packaging.
Note: This example shows the label from an Autodesk Education Master Suite for 2011 but the location and format will be similar for 2010 - 2013 product releases.
If you're a member of the Autodesk Education Community, there are several ways to obtain your serial number and product key.
During product download:
The serial number and product key are displayed as you download the product, prior to choosing your download method. You can also retrieve the serial number and product key later by again completing the product information on the download page.
From the download email:
After you specify which software to download, you'll receive an email containing your serial number and product key.
Note: This email is sent to the email address used to register for the Education Community. If you haven't received it within a few hours, check your Spam folder. If necessary, add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email program's safe senders list.
After you download the software:
After you sign in to the Education Community website, you can find your serial number by following these steps:
- Click My Account in the blue box on the right side of ths screen.
- At the top of the screen, click Account.
- On the left side of the screen, click Products. Then click Download Products.
- On the Content Type drop-down menu, click Serial Number to display the corresponding Serial Number and Product Key.
If you ordered your product using the online Autodesk store, the serial number and product key will be provided in the Fulfillment Notification e-mail you will receive after the purchase process is complete.
If you can't locate your serial number and product key using the above methods:
- Using your installation media, (USB key, DVD, download folder, etc.) navigate to the location of the setup.exe file for your Autodesk product.
- In that folder, look for a file named MID.txt, MID01.txt, MID02.txt or some variation on that name.
- Open this file in notepad and verify that the product name is what you expected it to be.
- The first five characters of the part number should also be the product key for that product.
Product Name: Autodesk Design Suite Ultimate 2012
Platform: Windows XP/Vista/Win7
Part Number: 769D1-05Y001-P503E, 769D1-05Y001-P504E