This solution is for customers with software download available in Autodesk Account portal who want to know how to use the Install Now method.
The Install Now method is the best way to get products up and running on your computer as it downloads and installs the product simultaneously.
Recommended if you want to download, and install your software immediately to this computer.
Note: If you don't see an option for "Install Now" this method is not available for that particular product or version.
Get help deciding which download method is right for you.
Follow below steps to download software from your Autodesk Account using the Install Now method:
- Log into Autodesk Account and click Account from the top menu tab structure. Make sure the Products & Services icon is selected in the left navigation and then click Download Products.
- Select the Product and Version you want to download.
Note: You can filter the list of products by language, platform and content type or search for products directly by name from the top menu.
- Once you have chosen the desired language and OS type, click Install Now button.
Note: For Windows systems, 32-bit or 64-bit refers to the version of your operating system, which you can check by going to Control Panel > System . You must choose the correct version in order to use the software.
- When using the Install Now download method, you'll need to first download the Autodesk Download Manager before you begin downloading your software.
Click Run (if nothing happens, start over and click Run again), then read and Agree to the Download Manager License Agreement and then click Install.
- Once the Download Manager has been installed, it will begin downloading your software. Click OK to save the download in the default location (recommended).
- When the download starts, the Autodesk Product Installer will also begin automatically. Click Install.
- Select Country or Region, review and Accept the Autodesk License and Services Agreement then click Next.
- Select the Product Language from the drop down menu (if installing a multi-language product) and then select the License Type of your product (either Stand Alone or Network).
Learn more about Autodesk Licensing Options.
- Enter your Serial Number and Product Key and then click Next.
Selecting I want to try the product for 30 days will install the product in Trial Mode. After 30 days, you won't be able to use product without a valid Serial Number and Product Key.
- The default configuration pre-selects the components to be installed with your product. The Installation path indicates the location where your Autodesk product will be installed.
Click Install to proceed with the default configuration and location (recommended).
Note: If you customize the Installation path, make sure it does not exceed 260 characters or you will receive an error during installation.
- When the installation completes you'll see a list of the products that have been installed on your computer. Click Finish to close the installer.
Common Installation Errors
Errors can sometimes occur when installing any software. Below are a few common errors and troubleshooting tips:
- Error 1305 - This error indicates the installer couldn't read a file during installation, usually when installing from a disc that is scratched or dirty. If cleaning the disc doesn't help, copy the contents to a folder on your local hard drive and run the setup.exe file from that folder.
- Error 1603
- Error 1308 or 1311
- Install Option Greyed out
Products: AutoCAD;AutoCAD Architecture;AutoCAD Civil 3D;AutoCAD Design Suite;AutoCAD Electrical;AutoCAD for Mac;AutoCAD LT;AutoCAD LT for Mac;AutoCAD Map 3D;AutoCAD Mechanical;AutoCAD MEP;AutoCAD P&ID;AutoCAD Raster Design;AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite;AutoCAD Revit MEP Suite;AutoCAD Revit Structure Suite;Autodesk 3ds Max;3ds Max Design;Alias Automotive;Alias Design;Alias Surface;Building Design Suite;Entertainment Creation Suite;Factory Design Suite;Infrastructure Design Suite;Infrastructure Map Server;Infrastructure Modeler;Inventor;Inventor LT;Inventor Publisher;Maya;MotionBuilder;Mudbox;Navisworks Manage;Navisworks Simulate;Plant Design Suite;Product Design Suite;Quantity Takeoff;Revit Architecture;Revit MEP;Showcase;Simulation CFD;Simulation Mechanical;Simulation Moldflow Adviser Premium;Simulation Moldflow Adviser Standard;Simulation Moldflow Adviser Ultimate;Simulation Moldflow CAD Doctor;Simulation Moldflow Insight Premium;Simulation Moldflow Insight Standard;Simulation Moldflow Insight Ultimate;Simulation Moldflow Synergy;Smoke;Softimage;Vault;mental ray;AutoCAD ecscad;AutoCAD Inventor LT Suite;AutoCAD LT Civil Suite;3ds Max Entertainment Creation Suite;Infraworks;Maya Entertainment Creation Suite;Maya LT;Moldflow Adviser Advanced;Moldflow Adviser Design;Moldflow Adviser Manufacturing;Moldflow Insight Advanced;Moldflow Insight Basic;Moldflow Insight Performance;Revit LT