You’re setting up your Autodesk Network License and need to install the Network License Manager.
After you have finished planning your network, you should install the Network License Manager (NLM) from the Autodesk Product Installer in the Tools & Utilities panel. You can do this before or after you install the actual product itself; however, you will not be able to run the NLM until you have obtained a network license file from Autodesk and configured your server.
Note: Although the images in this guide show AutoCAD 2012 as an example, the concepts and procedures apply to all Autodesk 2012 products.
Before you begin installation, check to make sure your computer meets the Network License Manager System Requirements, then follow the below steps:
- Launch the Tools & Utilities installer. This can be done by clicking on the “.exe” executable file found in your Autodesk folder (for physical media) or the location where you saved your downloaded software. Click on the Install Tools & Utilities panel.
- From the Configure Installation screen, check the box next to Network License Manager.
- Take note of the Installation path, which is where the NLM will be saved once the download is complete. If you wish to change this location, you can click Browse and select the location of your choice.
- Click Install to proceed.
Note: You may see other tools & utilities that are also available for download, which you can choose to install at this time or wait until you install the actual product.
- When the Installation Complete screen appears, you have successfully installed the NLM on your system. Click Finish to close the installer window.
Note: If an earlier version of the NLM is already installed on your computer, it is best to install the most current version by saving it into your existing Network License Manager folder.
You are now ready to obtain a network license file from Autodesk.
Products: AutoCAD;AutoCAD Architecture;AutoCAD Civil 3D;AutoCAD Design Suite;AutoCAD Electrical;AutoCAD Map 3D;AutoCAD Mechanical;AutoCAD MEP;AutoCAD P&ID;AutoCAD Raster Design;AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite;AutoCAD Revit MEP Suite;AutoCAD Revit Structure Suite;Autodesk 3ds Max;3ds Max Design;Alias Automotive;Alias Design;Alias Surface;Building Design Suite;Entertainment Creation Suite;Factory Design Suite;Infrastructure Design Suite;Infrastructure Map Server;Infrastructure Modeler;Inventor;Inventor LT;Inventor Publisher;Maya;MotionBuilder;Mudbox;Navisworks Manage;Navisworks Simulate;Plant Design Suite;Quantity Takeoff;Revit Architecture;Revit MEP;Revit Structure;Showcase;Simulation CFD;Simulation Mechanical;Simulation Moldflow Adviser Premium;Simulation Moldflow Adviser Standard;Simulation Moldflow Adviser Ultimate;Simulation Moldflow CAD Doctor;Simulation Moldflow DL for CATIA V5;Simulation Moldflow DL for Parasolid;Simulation Moldflow DL for Pro/ENGINEER;Simulation Moldflow Insight Premium;Simulation Moldflow Insight Standard;Simulation Moldflow Insight Ultimate;Simulation Moldflow Synergy;Sketchbook Designer;Smoke;Softimage;mental ray;AutoCAD ecscad;AutoCAD Inventor LT Suite;3ds Max Entertainment Creation Suite;Autodesk Animation Academy;Design Academy;Autodesk DirectConnect NX;Education Master Suite;Maya Entertainment Creation Suite;Moldflow Adviser Advanced;Moldflow Adviser Design;Moldflow Adviser Manufacturing;Moldflow Insight Advanced;Moldflow Insight Basic;Moldflow Insight Performance;Opticore Studio Professional;Showcase Professional;Autodesk Softimage Ent. Creation Suite