Issue: You need to activate and register your stand-alone Autodesk product.
During product activation, your serial number and product key are verified and licensed to run on your computer. Activation is only required for Stand Alone Autodesk licenses. If you have a serial number and product key when you install your software, activation will be part of the installation process.
For a video walkthrough of the process, see Activation and Post-Installation Tasks for Autodesk products and suites.
Activate Online after Installation
The steps below illustrate the process of activating and registering your Autodesk software online the first time you launch a new program after installation.
To activate and register your software:
- Launch your Autodesk product by clicking on the (product name).exe file, which may appear on your Desktop and is typically saved under your Programs (Windows) or Applications (Mac) folder.
- Check the box on the Autodesk Privacy Statement screen and click the I Agree button to indicate your acceptance of the terms and conditions. The privacy statement only appears the first time you launch the software.
- Click the Enter Your Serial Number or Activate button (depending on your software version) when presented with the Free Trial screen.
- Enter your Serial Number and Product Key and click the Continue or Next button (depending on your software version).
- Select Connect now and activate! and click Next if prompted to activate online. In most cases, activation will start automatically if you're already online.
Note: If you can't connect or have restricted Internet access you'll need to manually activate your product.
To Register During Activation:
If the Serial Number you entered hasn't been registered to an Autodesk Account, you'll be asked to either create an account or log in to your existing account to register.
- Enter your Autodesk ID and Password and click Login. If you don't have one, click Create User ID Now and follow the on-screen instructions.
- If you have multiple Accounts, select the one you want to register your product to and click Next.
- The activation process completes automatically and saves your activation information in the specified location. Click Finish to close the activation wizard.
Products: AutoCAD;AutoCAD Architecture;AutoCAD Civil 3D;AutoCAD Design Suite;AutoCAD Electrical;AutoCAD Map 3D;AutoCAD Mechanical;AutoCAD MEP;AutoCAD P&ID;AutoCAD Raster Design;AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite;AutoCAD Revit MEP Suite;AutoCAD Revit Structure Suite;Autodesk 3ds Max;3ds Max Design;Alias Automotive;Alias Design;Alias Surface;Building Design Suite;Entertainment Creation Suite;Factory Design Suite;Infrastructure Design Suite;Infrastructure Map Server;Infrastructure Modeler;Inventor;Inventor LT;Inventor Publisher;Maya;MotionBuilder;Mudbox;Navisworks Manage;Navisworks Simulate;Plant Design Suite;Quantity Takeoff;Revit Architecture;Revit MEP;Revit Structure;Showcase;Simulation Mechanical;Simulation Moldflow Adviser Premium;Simulation Moldflow Adviser Standard;Simulation Moldflow Adviser Ultimate;Simulation Moldflow CAD Doctor;Simulation Moldflow DL for CATIA V5;Simulation Moldflow DL for Parasolid;Simulation Moldflow DL for Pro/ENGINEER;Simulation Moldflow Insight Premium;Simulation Moldflow Insight Standard;Simulation Moldflow Insight Ultimate;Simulation Moldflow Synergy;Sketchbook Designer;Smoke;Softimage;mental ray;AutoCAD ecscad;AutoCAD Inventor LT Suite;3ds Max Entertainment Creation Suite;Autodesk Animation Academy;Design Academy;Autodesk DirectConnect NX;Education Master Suite;Maya Entertainment Creation Suite;Moldflow Adviser Advanced;Moldflow Adviser Design;Moldflow Adviser Manufacturing;Moldflow Insight Advanced;Moldflow Insight Basic;Moldflow Insight Performance;Opticore Studio Professional;Showcase Professional;Autodesk Softimage Ent. Creation Suite