Issue: You need to activate and register your stand-alone Autodesk product.
During product activation, your serial number and product key are verified and licensed to run on your computer. When done over the Internet, this is an automatic process that occurs when you launch your product for the first time.
To activate and register your product, follow the below steps or watch our video walkthrough.
Note: Activation is only required for Stand Alone Autodesk licenses.
- Launch your Autodesk product by clicking on the (product name).exe file, which is typically saved under your Programs (Windows) or Applications (Mac) folder.
If you're launching your product for the first time, you'll need to read and agree to the Autodesk Privacy Statement. Check the box and click I Agree.
- When the Activation Wizard starts, click Activate.
- Select Connect now and activate! and cick Next. If you can't connect or have restricted Internet access you'll need to manually activate your product.
When activating from a Free Trial version, you'll also be prompted to enter the serial number and product key you received when purchasing the full product license.
Note: The request code shown is for example only and will not work if used.
- Enter your Autodesk ID and Password and click Login. If you don't have one, click Create User ID Now and follow the on-screen instructions.
- If you have multiple Accounts, select the one you want to register your product to and click Next.
- The activation process completes automatically and saves your activation information in the specified location. Click Finish to close the activation wizard.
Products: AutoCAD;AutoCAD Architecture;AutoCAD Civil 3D;AutoCAD Design Suite;AutoCAD Electrical;AutoCAD Map 3D;AutoCAD Mechanical;AutoCAD MEP;AutoCAD P&ID;AutoCAD Raster Design;AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite;AutoCAD Revit MEP Suite;AutoCAD Revit Structure Suite;Autodesk 3ds Max;3ds Max Design;Alias Automotive;Alias Design;Alias Surface;Building Design Suite;Entertainment Creation Suite;Factory Design Suite;Infrastructure Design Suite;Infrastructure Map Server;Infrastructure Modeler;Inventor;Inventor LT;Inventor Publisher;Maya;MotionBuilder;Mudbox;Navisworks Manage;Navisworks Simulate;Plant Design Suite;Quantity Takeoff;Revit Architecture;Revit MEP;Revit Structure;Showcase;Simulation Mechanical;Simulation Moldflow Adviser Premium;Simulation Moldflow Adviser Standard;Simulation Moldflow Adviser Ultimate;Simulation Moldflow CAD Doctor;Simulation Moldflow DL for CATIA V5;Simulation Moldflow DL for Parasolid;Simulation Moldflow DL for Pro/ENGINEER;Simulation Moldflow Insight Premium;Simulation Moldflow Insight Standard;Simulation Moldflow Insight Ultimate;Simulation Moldflow Synergy;Sketchbook Designer;Smoke;Softimage;mental ray;AutoCAD ecscad;AutoCAD Inventor LT Suite;3ds Max Entertainment Creation Suite;Autodesk Animation Academy;Design Academy;Autodesk DirectConnect NX;Education Master Suite;Maya Entertainment Creation Suite;Moldflow Adviser Advanced;Moldflow Adviser Design;Moldflow Adviser Manufacturing;Moldflow Insight Advanced;Moldflow Insight Basic;Moldflow Insight Performance;Opticore Studio Professional;Showcase Professional;Autodesk Softimage Ent. Creation Suite