Issue: When you start a program installed as a network seat, the FLEXnet License Finder dialog box is displayed. When you enter the name or IP address of your server, the program does not open.
Causes: The program is pointing to a server location that does not have a license daemon running, or is unable to correctly connect to the server.
To prevent firewall from blocking license request:
You can enter port exceptions in the firewall of the machine running the license manager to ensure the firewall is not blocking the license request.
- Access your firewall settings and open INCOMING TCP ports
- After the ports are open, retry the connection.
To point to the correct server:
You can check whether your program is pointing to the correct server.
- On the Startup menu, right-click the My Computer icon > Properties > Advanced System Settings.
- On the Advanced tab, click Environment Variables.
- Under System Variables, click New.
- In the Variable name field enter:
- In the Variable value field enter:
- Click OK.
Products: AutoCAD;AutoCAD Architecture;AutoCAD Civil;AutoCAD Design Suite;AutoCAD Electrical;AutoCAD for Mac