Issue: When you start a program installed as a network seat, the FLEXnet License Finder dialog box is displayed. When you enter the name or IP address of your server, the program does not open.
- The program is pointing to a server location that does not have a license daemon running, or is unable to correctly connect to the server.
- The program does not have fast enough a connection and is not waiting long enough to get the license.
- Port Blockage
To prevent firewall from blocking license request:
You can enter port exceptions in the firewall of the machine running the license manager to ensure the firewall is not blocking the license request.
- Access your firewall settings and open INCOMING TCP ports
- After the ports are open, retry the connection.
To point to the correct server:
You can check whether your program is pointing to the correct server.
- On the Startup menu, right-click the My Computer icon > Properties > Advanced System Settings.
- On the Advanced tab, click Environment Variables.
- Under System Variables, click New.
- In the Variable name field enter:
- In the Variable value field enter:
To wait a bit longer to retrieve a license.
- Click OK.
- Right-click the My Computer icon.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click "Environment Variables".
- Under the System Variables window, click "New".
- In the Variable name field enter FLEXLM_TIMEOUT
- In the Variable Name field enter 3000000
- Click "Okay".
The 3000000 variable is in milliseconds. You can increase this if it is not enough. If you increase this to 5000000 and it is still not working, there is likely another issue.
Bind the license file to a differnet port
It is possible something is blocking the default port 27000. Change to 27005.
- Access the license file and open in a text editor
- Place the cursor an the end of the top row of text, add a space and enter 27005. (You could use anything from 27000-27009). The top of the file should resemnble
SERVER SERVERNAME MAC_ADDRESS 27005
- Save the file
- Stop and restart the services
Products: AutoCAD;AutoCAD Architecture;AutoCAD Civil;AutoCAD Design Suite;AutoCAD Electrical;AutoCAD for Mac