You want to know how to remove layer filters from a drawing file to improve its performance.
- The Excess Layer Filters dialog prompts you to delete all layer filters.
- On open, a message may indicate there are more layer filters than layers in the drawing, and prompt you to delete layer filters.
- Basic commands like COPY and MOVE take a long time to execute, and significantly slow down file performance.
AutoCAD® drawings that have a large number of layer filters can affect system performance significantly. In some cases, you may not even be able to access the Layer Properties Manager. To remove layer filters from a drawing, use the FILTERS command. Follow these steps:
- At the command prompt, enter FILTERS.
- In the Delete Layer Filters dialog box, sort the layer filters you want to remove into the Filters to Remove column.
- Click Delete Filters and the filters displayed in the Filters to Remove column will be deleted.
Note: The FILTERS command is not documented in the AutoCAD help file.
Products: AutoCAD;AutoCAD Architecture;AutoCAD Civil 3D;AutoCAD Electrical;AutoCAD Mechanical;AutoCAD MEP;AutoCAD P ID;AutoCAD Plant 3D;AutoCAD Civil