After activating your product, a Product Activation dialog box is displayed on subsequent launches. The requirement to reactivate is persistent.
The Product Activation dialog box indicates one of the following License Status error codes:
An issue has been identified with computers containing Serial ATA (SATA) hard disk controllers on AutoCAD® 2009 and earlier products. This issue has been resolved in AutoCAD® 2010. For versions of AutoCAD® prior to 2010, an update is required to fix this issue. Use the following link to access the update:
AutoCAD 2007/2008/2009-based products
Note: You should not apply this update to a computer that has not experienced these errors, or to a computer that does not contain a Serial ATA hard disk controller. If you experience these errors with an Autodesk product, but your computer does not have a SATA hard disk controller, please contact your dealer.
The problem does not affect products prior to the versions listed.
To verify that a computer contains a Serial ATA hard disk controller
- On the Windows XP Start menu, click Run. On Windows Vista, press [Windows key] + R.
- In the Run dialog box, enter MSINFO32. Click OK.
- In the System Information dialog box, expand Components > Storage.
- Select SCSI. (SATA disks are listed as SCSI by the Windows System Information Report.)
- Under SCSI, check to see if any of the controllers' names contains either SATA or Serial ATA.
Products: AutoCAD;AutoCAD Architecture;AutoCAD Civil 3D;AutoCAD Electrical;AutoCAD LT;AutoCAD Map 3D;AutoCAD Mechanical;AutoCAD MEP;AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite;Autodesk 3ds Max;Inventor Professional;Revit Architecture;VIZ;Autodesk Building Systems;Inventor Series;Autodesk Inventor Suite;Autodesk Revit Building