After activating your product, a Product Activation dialog box is displayed on subsequent launches. The requirement to reactivate is persistent.
The Product Activation dialog box indicates one of the following License Status error codes:
This update must be applied to all computers that share a license. Therefore, if you apply this update to one computer and then want to use the Portable License Utility to transfer the license to another computer, be sure to install the update on that computer, too.
Note: You should not apply this update to a computer that has not experienced these errors, or to a computer that does not contain a Serial ATA hard disk controller. If you experience these errors with an Autodesk product, but your computer does not have a SATA hard disk controller, please contact your dealer.
The problem does not affect products prior to the versions listed.
To verify that a computer contains a Serial ATA hard disk controller
- On the Windows XP Start menu, click Run. On Windows Vista, press [Windows key] + R.
- In the Run dialog box, enter MSINFO32. Click OK.
- In the System Information dialog box, expand Components > Storage.
- Select SCSI. (SATA disks are listed as SCSI by the Windows System Information Report.)
- Under SCSI, check to see if any of the controllers' names contains either SATA or Serial ATA.
Products: 3ds Max;AutoCAD;AutoCAD Architecture;AutoCAD Civil 3D;AutoCAD Electrical;AutoCAD LT;AutoCAD Map 3D;AutoCAD Mechanical;AutoCAD MEP;Inventor Professional;Inventor Series;VIZ;Other;AutoCAD Revit Architecture Suite;Revit Architecture