By default, the maximum number of displayed feature labels is set to 2000.
You can configure the Windows Registry to specify a new value for the maximum number of labels displayed.
Note: Changing this setting can cause slow performance while the features are processed and the labels are generated. For information on improving performance with feature labels on Display Manager layers, refer to Improving Display Manager performance for feature labels.
To change the maximum number of labels displayed
1. Make sure that the product is not running.
2. Click Start menu (Windows) > Run.
3. In the Run dialog box, enter regedit. Click OK.
4. In the Registry Editor, locate the following subkey that applies to your product:
(xyz are numbers and characters that will vary depending on the installed language version of AutoCAD Map 3D 2015. For versions prior to 2015, see Notes below for the registry folder name "Rxx.y".)
(xyz are numbers and characters that will vary depending on the installed language version of AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015. For versions prior to 2015, see Notes below for the registry folder name "Rxx.y".)
5. Right-click AcadMAP. On the shortcut menu, click New > Key
6. For the key name, enter Label Parameters.
7. Select the new Label Parameters key.
8. On the Edit menu, click New > DWORD value.
9. For the key name, Enter MAX_LABELS.
10. Double-Click MAX_LABELS.
11. In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, under Base, select the Decimal option.
12. Under Value data, enter the maximum number of labels you want to display. Click OK.
13. Close the Registry Editor.
Warning! Problems caused by improperly editing the Windows registry could render your computer operating system unusable. Microsoft provides a wealth of critical information that you need to know about the registry in the Microsoft Knowledge Base at http://support.microsoft.com/support.
Use the Microsoft® Registry Editor only at your own risk and only after backing up the registry as well as the system.dat and user.dat files as outlined for your operating system in the Microsoft Knowledge Base and in the related solution, TS66513. Additional information about the registry is also contained in the Help topics in the Microsoft Registry Editor.
- If the above-mentioned ...\GIS key does not exist in the Windows Registry, you will need to apply the following steps before you can use the above procedure to change the number of displayed labels:
- Start the product.
- On the command line, enter _MAPDWFOPTIONS
- In the Map Information dialog box, verify that the Publish Map Information check box is selected.
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
- Exit the product.
- Perform the above procedure.