Issue: You would like to know how to add a custom component to the component library in AutoCAD Electrical and have it show in the icon menu.
To add an icon to the symbol library menu:
- Start the Icon Menu Wizard command from Other Tools panel. The Select Menu file dialog box opens.
- Select the menu file to edit. The Icon Menu Wizard opens.
- Navigate to the menu in which you want to add a new icon.
- Right-click in a blank area and select Add icon>Component. The Add Icon - Component dialog box opens.
- Fill in the Name, Image file, and Block name fields.
- Browse to the appropriate icon located externally or select a block in the drawing to create an icon image.
- If the icon is an external file, Browse or Pick a block to associate with that image.
- Select OK.
- Test the icon menu by selecting the newly created symbol.
You may search for "Icon Menu Wizard" in Electrical Help for more information.
Products: AutoCAD Electrical