Issue: In Map Explorer, under Data Sources, you right-click and choose Attach and then select a .mdb (Microsoft Access database) file. The message "Failed to create the Data Source file" appears.
Create a Data Source Name (DSN):
- Click on the Windows logo on the lower left-hand side of the Task Bar.
- Type "ODBC" into the search field.
- Select "Data Sources (ODBC)" from the search results.
- Click the Add button on the ODBC Data Source Administrator screen.
- Select a driver based on the file type to which you wish to connect (XLS, MDB/ACCDB, etc.) and click the Next button in the Create New Data Source dialog.
- Enter a Data Source Name and click the Select... button to browse to the file to which you wish to connect.
- Click the OK button to create the DSN connection.
You now should be able to Attach and Configure your Data Source in Map Explorer.
Products: AutoCAD Civil 3D;AutoCAD Map 3D