Issue: While working with the latest version of Civil 3D, you receive this error message:
This drawing was created with a newer version of Civil 3D.
What is causing this when the latest version is being used?
Possible orphaned objects, corrupt drawing or objects have been inserted from third party software.
- In command line, type QSELECT
- In the Quick Select dialog box, set Apply to Entire Drawing, Object Type to ACAD_PROXY_ENTITY and set Operator to Select All (this will select all proxy objects)
- In command line, type E (E stands for erase,) and then hit enter (this will erase all proxy objects you selected).
- PURGE and AUDIT drawing.
- Save drawing and close it.
- Open drawing and if the same message appears repeat all steps until the message disappears.
Products: AutoCAD Civil 3D