During installation, you receive an error message that indicates the
file is missing:
The program cannot start, the LiteHtml.dll does not exist. Reinstall the program to solve the issue.
The procedure entry point ?_Getcat@?$codecvt@DHH@std@@SAIPAPBVfacet@locale@2@PBV42@@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library E:\Setup\LiteHtml.dll
Causes: This may be due to an out-of-sync Windows component.
- Uninstall all the Microsoft C++ components on the system (there will be multiple), then try to install the program.
- If you are running an "Install Now " option from the website, change to a "Browser Download" or "Download Now" and run those files.
- If this still does not run, manually install the C++ entries from an extracted installer. There will be installers in different folders in the following paths:
- Open each folder and run the Exe files to install the VC redistributables. After this, install the program via the Setup.exe.
Use this procedure if system administrators implemented the policy described in the following Microsoft article and set CWDIllegalInDllSearch to FFFFFFFF: A new CWDIllegalInDllSearch registry entry is available to control the DLL search path algorithm
- Right-click Setup.exe, go to Properties, select the Compatibility tab, select "Windows XP (Service Pack 3).
Note: This solution works in Windows 8.1. This may also work if you use Windows 7 compatibility mode instead of Windows XP SP 3 compatibility mode.