Issue: Smoke does not start and the error console displays messages similar to the following:
Jan 25 20:23:32 : Smoke: License was not obtained: Tried Smoke 2011 (776C1 2011.0.0.F), error 20
The first workaround to this issue is to set the language of your Mac OS X system to English.
Perform the following tasks to set the language to English:
- Open System Preferences.
- Click Language & Text.
- Drag English to the top of the language list.
- Restart your Mac.
If the error still persists, try the following procedure:
- Open the Terminal app from the Applications > Utilities folder.
- Type the following command:
sudo mv /Library/Preferences/FLEXnet\ Publisher/FLEXnet/adskflex_* /var/tmp
- Enter your password when prompted.
- Restart Smoke.
- The application will go through the activation process again and should recognize the existing license and use it.
- If you are still getting error 20, reopen the Terminal and type:
sudo mv /Library/Application\ Support/Autodesk/ADLM /Library/Application\ Support/Autodesk/ADLM.old
- Uninstall and reinstall Smoke.
If the second procedure still does not solve this issue, contact Autodesk Customer Support.